If you track your time on the go, you can use Task Timer + for iOS. This guide will show you how to set up syncing with the desktop version so you can share all your projects, tasks, and times easily.
Step 1. Make sure everything is on the same local Wi-Fi network
Your iPhone or iPad needs to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer, otherwise they won’t be able to find each other.
Step 2. Enable iOS sync on the desktop
Syncing requires Task Timer 5. If your using an older version of Task Timer you’ll need to upgrade.
- Launch Task Timer on your computer
- Select iOS Setup… from the Sync menu
- Click the checkbox labeled Enable iPhone Sync
Step 3. Select your desktop from Task Timer for iOS
Now grab your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Task Timer +
- Tap the Sync button at the bottom right of the screen
- Tap Select Desktop Task Timer at the bottom of the screen
- You should now see your computer in the list, tap to select and then return to the previous screen by tapping Sync
You should now see the name of your computer on the Sync screen and there should be a large Synchronize button.
Step 4. Authorize the iOS device
You’ll need to let Task Timer know that syncing is authorized for your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Synchronize button on the Sync tab in Task Timer + for iOS
- The desktop will pop up a window asking for authorization, click Allow
- Tap Retry on the iPhone or press Synchronize again
Congratulations! Syncing is now enabled. Each time you want to sync your device with the desktop, tap the Synchronize button.